- Improves immune function
- Reduces stress hormones
- Reduces pain
- Alleviates depressive symptoms
- Enhances attentiveness
Tailored to your needs
Every massage I do is unique to the individual. With a background in a wide variety of modalities from clinical orthopedic work to intuitive energy healing, your session will be tailored to your needs. The difference between a good massage therapist and a great one is presence and attunement - an ability to listen to the body, follow intuition and hold space for whatever comes up. I welcome you to open and heal in mind, body, emotions and spirit as much as you're willing. Here's a sampling of massage modalities that I offer:
- Swedish Massage: Classic style of massage using light to deep strokes, kneading, deep friction, vibration and percussive tapping to relax muscles, improve blood flow throughout the body and increase muscle tone. "Deep tissue" or deep pressure may be used when appropriate if your body responds well to it. Deeper pressure does not necessarily equate to greater healing - it depends on the individual and what is ready to be released.
- Intuitive Integrative Bodywork: Because your aches and pains are usually connected to some energetic, emotional or mental issues, I use energy healing and coaching to balance the nervous system and bring you to greater wholeness and awareness in your body-mind-spirit.
- Prenatal Massage: For moms-to-be, I am certified in prenatal massage and have various cushions for your comfort. Please let me know when you schedule your appointment if you're expecting.
- Hot Stone: Heated stones soften your tissues with ease and leave you feeling cozy warm. I use the oiled stones as an extension of my hands, massaging with them similar to the way I work without them, then placing them to let the warmth sink deep into your muscles and bones.
- Facial, Hand or Foot Massage: Areas that can easily be worked with during your regular massage or may be the sole focus of your session. Intra-oral massage may be used to loosen the jaw for those with TMJ dysfunction. Basic reflexology may be used in a foot massage.